25th May 2018
Who we are and how to contact us
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer the BARKER & BOWES Limited.
“BARKER & BOWES Limited” means:
- BARKER & BOWES Limited incorporated in Ireland with limited liability having its registered office Unit 3 Newtown Centre, Annacotty, Limerick, Ireland, V94 N82R
Postal address: BARKER & BOWES Limited, Unit 3 Newtown Centre, Annacotty, Limerick, Ireland, V94 N82R.
BARKER & BOWES (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal and non-personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.barkerandbowes.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts, 1988-2003 (the “Act”), the data controller is BARKER & BOWES, Unit 3 Newtown Centre, Annacotty, Limerick, Ireland, V94 N82R
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.barkerandbowes.com (“Our Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you search for a product, make an enquiry on Our Site using our live chat service, make an offer using our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, pet name and phone number.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, information of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids (i.e. strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our products and services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely.
How Long Will You Use My Personal Data For
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes off satisfying any booking appointments, legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your Legal Rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information (you are also entitled to receive a copy of this information);
- have any inaccurate personal data which we hold about you updated or corrected;
- erase personal information we hold about you;
- stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful.If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved;
- object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of this information;
- Withdrawing consent where you the processing. You can withdraw consent by contacting us at the details set out above; and
- receive certain aspects of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that information transferred to you or another data controller.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details contained in this form.We will endeavour to respond to your request within one month.If we are unable to deal with your request within one month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission. Please visit www.dataprotection.ie for more information.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites, Subscription Service or Mobile Apps through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this
- to notify you about changes to our service; and to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information (if any) with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 7 of the Companies Act, 2014.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site.
We may disclose information to third parties
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We accept payments for our online booking system, events, classes and webstore through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 14 days.
Who we share your data with
This site is scanned for potential malware and vulnerabilities by Akeeba Admin Tools and monitored by Mysites.guru. We do not send personal information to these sites however, they could find personal information posted publicly (such as in comments) during their scan.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Appointment information such date and time of service booked, name of dog, age of dog, veterinary practitioner, medical/allergy information relating to your dog
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, manage grooming appointments process refunds and support you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.